Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pre Run Jitters


   Placing 3rd in my age group at the 2012 Huntsville Texas Half Marathon inspired me to come back last year to push harder for a 2nd place finish in my age group. WooHoo! It was the fastest half marathon I have ever run 1:50:32, averaged an 8:24 mile pace. I'm thinking about this upcoming Huntsville Half Marathon. The questions always sneak up on you. Am I ready? Can I run faster? How strong do I really feel? Most important... what am I gonna wear?? Anticipation is high and confidence is low. Feeling the rising pressure from within.
    Huntsville has scenic rolling hills. I love this double looped course it goes around some of the Huntsville State Prison buildings, so it does seem to make you want to run faster, or not break the law, because their watching your every step. It is the first race of my running season and it gives me an idea of my fitness level. I think that is why I am always so anxious about this race. A cold front has come through the area so weather conditions should be perfect for another PR this year. My husband running stride for stride beside me, I can't ask for anything better. What a wonderful day it will be!! 

2 comments:

  1. Know you will do great at the Huntsville 1/2 - Have fun and run hard - Just do your best.
    I've enjoyed reading your blog - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the support. I'm enjoying this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete