Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Did you know...


'' the scariest moment is always just before you start'' Stephen King..This is one of my favorite mantra's, along with 'you have to start somewhere' (unknown) I repeat it often to myself and others.
    The hardest and scariest thing I ever did was stub out my last cigarette on March 4, 2001 after being a heavy smoker for 20 years.       
    The second hardest thing was learning how to run. I was never really a talented athlete. It took me a very long time with lots of trial and error to complete that first mile. When I did... I felt like I had won a gold medal at the Olympics. So what if it was the slowest mile on record. It was My Record. Never to this day forgetting that feeling of accomplishment. My husband has helped guide, motivate and encourage me to run better and more efficient. It was not easy or fun at first, but once I got my feet in a forward motion, I never looked back. Running is not bad for you. I am having fun setting new goals and distances.  
    Always striving for a new goal, ''It's a process'' my husband always says. When I quit smoking and  started running the next thing I had to do was eat healthy. Learning, researching and applying the technics has become such a passion in my life. I never want to stop cooking new food recipes or trying new exercises. It amazes me how many choices are available. You just have to pick the ones you like and get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment