Friday, October 17, 2014

Hey Lady....


 The other day my husband and I went out to the Spring Creek Greenway to do my 20 mile training run. It was a beautiful day and with some cool dry air finally I was looking forward to enjoying a comfortable 10 minute/mile pace. Easy Breezy! My husband was riding his bike along side me for the run. He was, as always, keeping me company chatting away, telling funny stories and catching up on the latest news and carrying my water bottles.  We enjoy saying "good morning' to all the regulars and new people on the paved hike and bike trail. It has been getting very busy and popular out there especially on the weekends. This particular morning was no exception. We encountered a group of young bike riders with a couple of chaperones enjoying the trail and closing in behind us. So we moved all the way over to the right side so they could pass easily. Several of the young boys rode along side for a minute and were very chatty with us while the rest of the group passed us one by one. They were surprised we were that far into the trail and I was running and my 'chaperone' was riding his bike. Intrigued enough that one of the young boys said " hey lady... can't you afford a second bike, so you don't have to run''? I almost fell on the ground laughing. I love kids, they say the darnedest things sometimes. The entertainment factor from that carried us through the rest of the day.  

2 comments:

  1. Kids to say the funniest things. They just say it the way they see it.

    Mike and I still need to run Jesse Jones Trails. Perhaps after NYC we can meet there for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to, don't forget bike also.

    ReplyDelete