Sunday, September 7, 2014

Running Schedule


 Like most runners and especially ultra distance runners, I have to plan out my running schedule a year or so  in advance. Many races reach the sign up limits quickly, there's travel planning, entry fees and other miscellaneous things to consider and they all have cost factors. I enjoy running mostly trail runs at different distances during the year to build up to the race that's my One Big Event of the Year.
  I have the Maui Marathon in September, then the Huntsville Texas Half Marathon in October. December will be a big month as I will run a 50 mile race at Brazos Bend State park in Needville, Texas. My husband and I are then going to run a 55 hour event ( run as many miles as you can in the time limit on a set course ) for the Snowdrop Foundation which will go through New Year's Eve into New Year's Day! So at midnight instead of popping the cork on a bottle of champagne we'll take a quick break from running, a toast with our water bottles, a huge hug then back to knocking down some more miles. A great way to start 2015 for an Amazing Cause! The Houston Marathon is in January and It will be my 11th in a row. Now for my Big Event! All of the training and these events all lead up to February 14th, the Destin Beach Ultra Runs, I'm running the 24 hour event. What makes this race so unique is that it's all run on the beautiful white sand beaches of the Emerald Coast of Florida. This is my 4th year in a row to participate, twice I've run the 50 mile distance and this will be my second time to run the 24hour race. Wish me luck! 
Today - 13 mile tempo run

No comments:

Post a Comment