Monday, September 1, 2014

Armadillos

 I had an Amazing day yesterday. Starting a blog has been a long time idea of mine. I've had so many co-workers and friends say they wish they could follow my crazy running, training, eating and race results.  Hope I don't disappoint. I Do The Best I Can and I Want to Inspire. 
 Yesterday was an early morning 12mile recovery run ( last 2miles in the pouring down rain) so refreshing I Love running in the rain. Running in the park by our house, especially early, we get to experience a lot of wildlife. You never know what your gonna see. Well we got a real treat. An actual Live Armadillo! He was off to the side of the trail rooting in the dirt for his morning breakfast. As my husband and I were running by I asked 'are armadillos aggressive'? He said 'I don't know'. So we just picked up our pace a little :) Didn't want to stick around to find out. Hope he got a good breakfast. 
 Today is Core Workout day. Along with laundry and grocery shopping. Happy Labor Day!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm sure you found out that they are not aggressive. I have an armadillo story of my own! One day a friend and I were running in the Woodlands waterway area and saw something in the water. At first I figured it was a nutria rat but as we got closer we realized it was an armadillo that had fallen in overnight. Who knows how long he had been swimming but it was for a while. We ran over to the edge of the canal and as if asking for help he swam all the way across and right to my feet. At times he couldn't even hold his head above water any longer. I had to get on my belly to reach him, grabbed his tail and lifted him out. I set him on the concrete where he crawled to a tuft a monkey grass and buried his face in it. Not even attempting to get away I shewed him into some shrubs and we took off.
    Later some guy told me that I should get checked out as armadillos carry syphilis. Ha! No they don't but they have been know to carry leprecy (spelling?) But there was no way I was going to let him drown after swimming up to us like that, looking for help. It was a pretty cool experience.

    ReplyDelete