Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bucket List ✔️

I'm back into full training mode now for my fall running schedule. I am a stewardess with a major airline so I do a lot of my workouts/ training on my layovers. That gives me the opportunity to do the really long runs on the weekends with my husband. Recently my friend Diane did her homework and research to pitch a proposal for accomplishing something that has been on her bucket list for a very long time and has just now shared. She is also a marathon running stewardess. It seems the stars have aligned perfectly for this to happen. We are both working the same trip that has a 27 hour layover in Maui on the same day as the Maui Marathon. Coincidence? No, Diane put some serious work into planning this out and it couldn't be more perfect. We are getting paid and still going to be able to enjoy our passion for running. It didn't take a lot for her to convince me - Sign Me Up!!  Oh yeah, now we have to really bump up our training to run the warm and humid 26.2 miles in 3weeks. I told her it wasn't a problem, we just pull up our big girl panties and do it! Surprisingly enough the running is actually going to be easier than double red eyes we are flying right after we run the marathon. She promised we would keep each other awake on the all nighters, we'll be brewing some extra strong coffee and perhaps a Red Bull or two. It will be worth it for sure. I have run over 20 marathons but most of them have been in Texas so when I finish this one I will have run a marathon in 5 different states. A few left I guess for all of the 50 states. Maybe someday. 
  Today 9 miles of Fartleks (speed workout) 

No comments:

Post a Comment