Friday, February 13, 2015

Ok here's the deal....

    Training is finished. It's time to rest and do the taper thing, no more early morning long runs, no more speed workouts and no more 1am treadmill runs. I have dedicated an entire year of hard training and sacrifice for this one specific 24 hour run. The goal - to break Connie Gardner's 116 mile record. My races last year have all been training runs, always keeping my eye on the prize... The Destin 24 Hour Event. I will give everything I have and pour all of my energy into this run with every stride. There have been days I'm afraid I may falter and just as many days that I am absolutely confident in myself and my ability to break this record. On Feb 14th starting at 4pm, I will leave it all out there on the sand, my heart, my soul and my guts. In 24 hours I will find out my limits and learn a little more about myself. Win, lose or draw, I will not look back and say what if... there will be no regrets. I know I've trained and worked to the very best of my ability! With all that confidence said... Ready Set Go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment