Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Busy Summer...


  The last few years we have worked on some short and long term goals for our future and retirement life. Since March things have been busy finalizing the sale of our house and getting things in order to downsize into apartment living. 
    Selling the house and was the first step. While downsizing we weeded out, threw away, sold at our garage sale and Craig's listed. You'd think we were hoarders or something. I always thought and took pride in myself thinking that I lived a pretty minimalist lifestyle and didn't collect things. Boy, was I ever wrong, after almost sixteen years of living in the same house it Always Adds Up. My closet alone made me want to laugh and cry at times when I couldn't fit all my clothes into the trunk of the car. I had to fold down the back seat and use that space to get it all in. Omg!!  Now that we're in the new apartment and still getting settled, I'm continuing the process of cleaning out closets... again. Promising myself to be extremely vigilant about staying very minimalist in our new apartment lifestyle. So far I'm right on track. 
   The second step was to spend April through July doing heat training and acclimation for a couple of events I had scheduled to run and crew in extreme conditions. I like being hot but this heat training was a whole new ball game for me. I signed up for Hot Yoga classes. Picture this... A small room heated to 105 degrees and 45% humidity for an hour at a time. Wow, some real sweating going on. I started out slowly and built my way up to at least 4 hours a day on my days off. During the entire class I would be covered head to toe in layers of clothing. Yep, while all my fellow yogi's were dressed minimalist I was fully clothed. My yoga instructors knew what I was doing and understood, and even embraced it. Everyone kept to themselves and didn't give me too many funny looks during class but lots of questions when they found out what I was doing.  I found hotels on my trips that offered dry saunas so I could actually simulate the dry desert heat. Moist heat, dry heat it's all the same its HOT. This was preparing me for Death Valley CA in July. Helping a friend reach his goal. I'd be in 116/120 degree heat for about a week total. Now I'd say that's my kinda fun. 
   Love this... I always try and challenge, push and better myself each and every day. I have struggled this year trying to keep up with everything. Thanks to all who have stayed with me through out my blogging dry spell. 
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment